YOU GUYS. When I saw this recipe posted on Eat, Live, Run I did a little happy dance. And then a BIGGER happy dance when I realized I had all the ingredients in my kitchen already. (WIN!) And then a GIANT HAPPY DANCE when I made it for dinner and HOLY SHIT IT WAS DELICIOUS AND AMAZING AND I WILL MAKE THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. DAVE LOVED IT! AND SADIE LIKED IT TOO! (Caps done.) What is it? Buffalo Chicken Tenders!
FYI I doubled the recipe. The original says that it feeds 3-4 people, but that just didn’t seem realistic for my family. Two chicken breasts just about did it, but I would probably even triple the recipe the next time I make it.
– 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1.5″ strips
– sprinkle of salt and pepper
– 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
– 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
– blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9 x 12″ glass casserole dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
– Place your panko breadcrumbs in one shallow dish and pour your buffalo sauce in the other. Sprinkle salt and pepper over each strip of chicken and then dunk each into the buffalo sauce followed by the panko. Lay flat in your prepared dish.
– Repeat with remaining strips and place in oven to bake for about 25-30 minutes, until chicken has cooked through. Remove and let cool before serving with blue cheese dressing for dipping.
SO freaking good. And they had the bonus of tasting just like wings, without the messy fingers! Dave added a little more wing sauce to his because he wants to burn all of his taste buds off but I thought the amount of heat was perfect as is. I used Moore’s Buffalo Wing Sauce, which is one of my favorites at our supermarket.