Today, other than being Dave’s birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY DADDY!), has been rather shiteous in terms of house crap and hormones. But I already wrote about the house BS the other day, so I won’t repeat myself here. (That’s what Twitter is for!) I also didn’t take any pictures yet for my 38 week preggo update. Wah wahh. That’s okay though, because today I appeal to everyone’s voyeuristic side and show you what’s in my hospital bag! I know I’m super nosy and love this kind of crap, so I hope you do too. And if you don’t… well then. I don’t know why we’re friends.
The hospital bag packed, and all the crap out on the floor for your viewing pleasure.
- Dominoes. Okay so those aren’t an electronic device. They’re just random for when we’re killing time or bored (assuming post birth, of course)
- TONS of batteries – for all of the electronics!
- iPod dock
- iPod charger
- Our general bag of travel sized toiletries – shampoo, conditioner, face wash, powder, razors, contact solution – you get the drift
- Cotton balls, Q-tips galore! And a mini thing of lotion. Yes I know the hospital will have most of this stuff, but it was already in a travel bag… so I threw it in.
- Headband for when my hair is all a mess.
- His and hers deodorant.
- Comb for the tresses.
- Raisinets – my post-labor snack.
- Fruit snacks – for both of us
- Granola bars – Dave’s snack
Early labor distraction tactics
- Issues of People Magazine (my weakness) that I haven’t read yet.
- Big Bang Theory seasons 1 & 2, Singing in the Rain, and Newsies, two of my fave musicals
- Dave’s clothing for up to three days at the hospital (our hospital encourages the partner to stay overnight)
- My “in the hospital, post labor” clothes – nursing nightgown, robe, comfy socks.
- My going home outfit – comfy lounge pants, tank and cardigan.
And last, but certainly not least, my post-it reminder on our door to take the following stuff with me every day: