And then I exploded out of my jeans…

Oh yes, Monday morning was a first for me.  When I was getting ready for work in the morning, watching the weather report, I saw it was HOLY MOTHER OF GOD COLD outside.  I think it was like 8 degrees out.  Major suckitude. Anywho, since it’s been so cold the last few weeks I’ve taken to wearing leggings under my jeans for a little extra warmth.  This morning was like no other, and I was doing the shimmy shake dance to get my legginged lower half into the jeans comfortably.  Well, mid pliΓ© all you heard was RRRRRRIIIIIPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was so loud that Dave peaked out of the bathroom to see what the hell was going on.  Granted, I was only in the living room, cause that’s where I chose to put on my pants this morning, but that’s besides the point.  Ladies and gents, I done busted out my pants.

100_2972
Exhibit A

As you can see, I ripped a hole clean from crotch to mid thigh. Awesome.  Here’s a closer examination for you.  A side shot, if you will.

100_2974
Exhibit B

Seriously, I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Mainly I just laughed, because I realized that these were not my super stretchy GAP Born to Fit jeans that allow for legging space underneath, but were an older pair of American Eagle jeans that definitely were not of the stretchy, jegging variety.  But wow, what a hole!  (TWSS!) I never knew that I possessed such power in my thighs!

Lesson learned – don’t try to squeeze yourself into a pair of skinny jeans with leggings underneath unless they’re super elasticized?  Maybe it’s time to invest in some Pajama Jeans…

100_2973

Comments

1. magdalena viktoria says

haha, that rip is legit.
    I don't wear jeans too often, but if I happen to put on a pair and it's not a stretchy/'jeggings' kind it just feels sooo wrong.

2. That was PRICELESS!

3. I think you should return them as malfunctioning pants!

4. I had to laugh as I could totally see myself doing something like this! I should start wearing leggings under my jeans too; good idea. πŸ™‚

5. "(rip) it, (rip) it good…."

LOL. too funny.

No pajama jeans. its just wrong. Don't know why, cant quite put my finger on it, but its just wrong.

6. I have ripped several pairs of jeans. Always in the same exact spot. It's always depressing, but I'm not wearing leggings underneath. :p

7. RachelSmiles says

I'm not sure how long ago you bought those from American Eagle, but the last time I checked they have a lifetime warranty on their jeans so you might be able to bring them back and swap for a new pair for free!

8. i have definitely gotten a hole in my jeans there before, it always makes me laugh.

but really that is one big hole (twss), haha.

9. Jenny @ Practically Perfect... says

Oh, that stinks! But definitely a funny story πŸ™‚

10. Allison M. says

just say no to pajama jeans

11. At least they ripped because you were trying to wear them OVER other pants…and are not like mine which threaten to split with just my leggies in them, haha!

12. Mom and Dem says

O.M.G. Is it fate that we were JUST talking about Pajama Jeans for BISC? Now, you def need to get some. I hear they have real rivets on them!!

13. Ahhahahah. That's kind of awesome. I kind of choked on my beverage when I was reading this. maybe.

14. Legally Fabulous says

definitely laugh! that's so funny.

15. I actually just ripped a pair of American Eagle jeans this fall. At my mother's urges, I brought them to the store. They exchanged them no problem, and I didn't even have a reciept. They were about a year old. So definitely try and bring them back!

16. OMG pajama jeans! Every time the commercial comes on I laughhh

17. Ah, pajama jeans! What a fabulous, cozy creation! (/sarcasm)

18. Jessica (Bayjb) says

Holy crap you did tear those suckers. After hearing the story, finally reading this post really brought this together πŸ™‚ FYI: Glad we got to meet up while you were in town! Miss you!

19. This is funny and even better that you can laugh about it. That is quite the rip!

20. Literally, the same exact thing happened to me with American Eagle Jeans.
    I was like…. REALLY.
    I never buy full priced jeans, and I did for once. Spent $40 on them.
    and they ripped in half.

I don’t understand.

21. Ahh no. AE does not have a life time deal. Because i work there i know this recently a lot of people have started coming in saying and asking about this deal. But ahh no. its not true. So I m not sure where this came from but people need to ask corporate if you want to know the real truth!