Eleven inches!!

Get your minds out of the gutter – I’m not talking about that. Sheesh. I’ll give you a hint… my Project365 picture from yesterday was this:

100_1707

That’s right, if you haven’t guessed by now, I chopped off my hair!! 11″ to be exact, all ready to be donated to Locks of Love. I had decided last week or so that I wanted to cut my hair (really, I needed to cut my hair, it was so long and gross), and after (sadly) watching an episode of Jerseylicious (so sad that I watch this crap) I was inspired to donate my hair, after the salon on the show had a charity event for Locks of Love.

I didn’t think my hair was long enough at first, but Dave measured it for me and I had about 13 inches when it was in a low ponytail! Insane!! If you don’t remember, or just haven’t seen a picture of me, here is a recent one of how long my hair was (since I didn’t take a “before” pic):

With the lovely Jamie and Katelin – long, straight hair.

103_0056
In Prague, curly, frizzy and in my usual ponytail.

I always wore my hair like the above picture. Either in a ponytail or a bun, I had no time or patience to deal with my thick, curly, frizzy hair. And very little patience to straighten my hair, since it was long! So, after the chopping, cutting, and styling, here is what you have!!

Ta-da!

And some more shots… please excuse the horrible lighting quality in our apartment:

100_1721
100_1718

I. LOVE. IT. The minute she cut my ponytail off it was like, YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! I love the style, and my stylist layered it and everything so it’ll look awesome curly too. Not to mention I think I finally look my age, instead of 18. ๐Ÿ™‚

100_1709

Comments

1. I love it! I think that is an awesome cause to donate to. I am in the process of growing mine out to donate. I made a deal with my six year old neice that we would do it together so now I have to be able to stand my hair for the next year it will take to have enough left to cut off! It's already about at the top of my boob, so I am hoping a year is enough time since my hair grows pretty fast.

2. I LOVE it! The new cut looks awesome. Oh, and dude– I love Jerseylicious. WAY better than Say Yes to the Dress, in my opinion.

3. YAY! OMG it looks AWESOME! I grew out my hair and then cut it off to donate once, and I'm planning on doing it again at some point, but not til after the baby is born. I'm thinking the ability to throw my hair back in a ponytail will be a necessity during the newborn stage when apparently I will not have any time to shower.

4. Beautiful! I was just thinking about cutting mine off too but Dan hates me with short hair…the jerkface!

5. super cute!

6. It looks awesome! Similar to mine (which I'm trying to grow out right now). I always do that, grow it out a bit and then end up going back to a similar style. It's awesome when you have really thick hair!

7. Looks great!!!

8. I absolutely adore this haircut on you!

9. Morgan | Mrs. Priss says

OH my word, I love it!! How awesome that you were able to donate so much of it!

I am only slightly jealous that you have a cute, sassy, short 'do because I went to my stylist last night intending on chopping mine off, but she wouldn't let me. GRR.

10. You look SO fantastic!!!

11. Breathe Gently says

You look fantastic Lacey! Squee!

12. Jen on the Edge says

You look so chic and sophisticated!

13. I've donated twice – LOVE that organization!! Your haircut looks amazing and so shiny!

14. Shorter hair looks great on you! I'm diggin' the new do!

15. You look amazing! Seriously amazing. Plus, yay for you for donating to such an amazing organization. ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Love love LOVE the new style! I'm growing my hair out to donate to Locks of Love – I'm at 8 inches right now, only 2 more to go!!!

17. The short hair looks FANTASTIC! You're rocking it, Lacey!

18. I seriously love it!! It looks fantastic!!

19. Erin B. Inspired says

Cute girl! I love it. ๐Ÿ™‚

20. nicole antoinette says

11 inches of the other thing would be too many inches. This, however, is perfect. You look even more amazingly lovely.

21. It looks so great! What a change. I've always wanted to do LoL but I color my hair and I've always heard they won't take it if it's been colored. Maybe one day!

22. I LOVE IT!

**and accidentally left the comment under my other handle, whoops**

23. I LOVE IT!

**and accidentally left the comment under my other handle, whoops**

24. Oh my goodness, I LOVE it! You look fab. ๐Ÿ™‚

25. Jessica (Bayjb) says

WOW! I love that you donated to this, such a wonderful cause. And I LOVE the new look. You look gorgeous!

26. You look awesome!!! I love short cuts. I grow my hair, cut it and donate and then start over again but I love it short the most. Doesn't it feel totally liberating?

27. Your new cut is so lovely! ๐Ÿ˜€

28. That's awesome! I love the new hair cut too! I will never be able to pull that off with my curly hair (and my husband would kill me if I suddenly had short hair). Jealous.

29. The new cut looks fabulous!! I felt the same way after I had about 13" of mine chopped off too, enjoy not having to spend as much time on your hair ๐Ÿ™‚

30. Jenny @ Practically Perfect... says

It looks great ๐Ÿ™‚ Definitely a good decision for both reasons! My sisters have donated to Locks of Love, but I've never cut my hair short enough to have the required length.

31. I love your new hair cut! It looks FANTASTIC on you! I've always wanted to donate but never like my hair super long. I do really need a hair cut but mine is no where near the length yours was.

32. Legally Fabulous says

love it! you look so great!

33. I love it! You look great with the new cut! I've always thought about doing locks of love but I've always been too afraid to chop off all my hair. It's been long for so, so long…

34. All you need is love... says

i love it!

35. Suburban Sweetheart says

I second, third & fourth everyone else: It looks so great!

36. I love it!! You look fantastic!! So fabulous to donate to such a great cause as well.

37. very very cute! I love it. A great look and a great cause-win win!

1. […] CUT MY HAIR OFF! It’s not as short as when I chopped and donated it (god that was 4 years ago!!) but short enough! I was just SO TIRED of my long, boring brown hair. […]