Life is too short

A good friend of ours died today.

He was only 25.

I knew when Dave called me at 10:30 this morning and said he had bad news that it was more than bad.  The catch in his voice gave it away.  His good friend, and a friend I had come to know and love, had been found in his bed this morning, not breathing.  He went to a concert last night, came home, spoke to his girlfriend, and somewhere between the hours of 12:30am and 8:00am had passed away.

His younger brother found him this morning.

The only thing I knew I had to do was come home and be with Dave and our friends.  And when I got home, our house had become a meeting ground, where friends were, and the brother and girlfriend of our friend.

I cannot imagine being in their place.

We decided to go to the chuch where the Bronx Underground shows are held, where John was known for being head of security, and a force to be reckoned with.  It only seemed natural.  Calls were made, and within an hour, at least 50 or more people had gathered to celebrate his life.

I called off my trip to Savannah this weekend.  While going away would be nice, I knew that I would not enjoy myself, and that I needed to be by Dave’s side during this awful time.

John – you left us far too soon.  Every time you saw Dave and I together, you would tell us how much you loved the two of us.  And you were so excited to play the precession in our wedding.  Don’t worry, you’ll still be there in spirit.

You never realize how short life is until you lose someone too soon.  Please keep John’s brother, girlfriend, family, and all of his friends in your thoughts while we deal with the sudden loss of our friend.

Rest in Peace John… you don’t know how much you’ll be missed, and how many lives you touched.

Comments

1. oh lacey i'm sorry, losing someone this young and so unexpected is never easy. my prayers are with you and his family.

2. I'm so sorry, sweetie. I'm sure you and Dave are absolutely heartbroken. Hang tough, and continue to gather with your friends so you can be there for each other.

3. I'm so sorry for your loss. That's just so sad. My prayers are with you guys.

4. So Sorry Lacey ๐Ÿ™ I'll say prayers for his family, girlfriend and friends.

5. I am so sad for you Lacey. My thoughts are with you.

6. Jen on the Edge says

I am so very sorry for your loss.

7. I'm so sorry for your loss. ๐Ÿ™ Life is a real kick in the teeth sometimes.

8. i'm sorry to hear about your friend! my thoughts are with you and your friends!

9. I am so sorry for yalls loss. ๐Ÿ™

10. I am so sorry for your loss. It has to be hard to lose someone you love so unexpectedly!

11. I'm so sorry. That's terrible and so sad ๐Ÿ™

12. Legally Fabulous says

I wish there were words I could say to comfort you.
    I am so sorry for your tragic loss.
    I'll say an extra prayer tonight for you and all your friends.

13. I'm so sorry. My prayers are with all of you right now.

Oh how awful! I'm so sorry to hear this. ๐Ÿ™

15. That is awful! I am so sorry for your and Dave's loss ๐Ÿ™

16. I'm so sorry for your loss. You and all his friends and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

17. Sorry for your loss.
    I've lost a few good friends over the years, and it always sucks and they've stayed in my memory ever since. Not something you ever get over. Condolences to friends and family.

18. I'm really sorry for your loss, Lacey. It's hard not having a person you're so used to being around to not be there anymore, but I'm sure he's gonna be in all of your memories..he sounds like a great guy. May he rest in peace. My thoughts are with you..:'( *hug*

19. I am so sorry. I can't imagine going through that. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

20. I'm sorry to hear about John, that's really terrible! ๐Ÿ™

21. I'm so sorry about your friend, I'll be thinking of all of you.

22. Future Mrs. H says

I am so sorry for you and your friend's loss. A family friend of ours passed away unexpectedly last Friday and it was very tough on some of my family members… however, being together has helped them greatly. I hope that you all can join together and remain strong through this sad time.

23. oh lacey, my heart breaks for you and your dave and everyone who knew john. you're in my thoughts.

xo

24. I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you all!

25. Oh nooooo! I am so so soooo sorry to hear such sad news. My thoughts are with you during this tough time.

26. I am so sorry about your friend. I'm thinking of you and your friends.

27. Lacey I am so sorry to hear this. You are all in my thoughts

28. My thoughts are with you, and all your friends

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I will make sure to say a prayer tonight. ::hugs::

30. I am so sorry, Lacey! That's so sad. Hang in there. My thoughts are with you and your friends.

31. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you

32. That's so hard, esp. for his younger brother that found him I'm sorry for your loss. I'm praying for all of you, lacey!

33. i'm so sorry to hear that girl. hugs.

34. Lacey, so sorry to hear about your loss…I'll be thinking of you and Dave and let me know if there is ever anything I can do!

35. Sorry for your loss Lacey.

36. I'm so sorry, this is too sad. You're in my thoughts.

37. alexa - cleveland's a plum says

im so sorry for your loss, losing someone suddenly is never easy. especially someone so young.

my thoughts are with you.

38. Lacey,
    I just read your post for the first time. I knew it existed, I just didn't want to read it until I was ready. (I'm not sure if I am ready even now) He was the greatest man, and I miss him terribly. He really was so excited to be playing at your wedding. He asked me to be his date before I even agreed to be his girlfriend. I miss him so much. I'm just thankful I have all of the BXUG supporting me through this process.
    love ya,
    Robin

1. […] Today is many things. It’s the Friday of a holiday weekend (WOO HOO!) It’s my sister in law’s birthdays. (Yes, both of them were born on the same day, 4 years apart. Crazy, right?) It’s also the birthday of a few friends. And it’s one year to the day that our friend John passed away unexpectedly. […]