Get up, come on get down with the sickness!

For the last week I’ve been feeling sick. First I had a lovely sore throat, then a nice cough and some congestion, and finally an ear infection!! Yay! Cause we all know I can’t cap off a cough/cold without a nice, raging ear infection to satisfy my 6 year old sickly self. Wah wah. I wound up going to the urgent care place by our house today because I knew I would be in a shitload of pain tonight/tomorrow if I didn’t see someone for it now. Immediately the doctor knew that I had an ear infection (duh – trust me if I tell you I have an ear infection, I have an ear infection), and then gave me a prescription… for ear drops? Really? Every time I’ve had an ear infection since I was little I’ve been given pills, I don’t think I’ve had drops before. I guess we’ll see what happens. And of course I’m making Dave put them in for me. Cause I’m a child.

But also, I’ve noticed that when I get up in the morning, my throat is incredibly dry, and my nose is stuffed. It’s been happening more and more recently, so Dave and I decided that we needed to get a humidifier for our bedroom. That meant a trip to Target – YAY! At Target, once we had our fill of shopping for Easter Candy and other various things that we don’t need, we found the aisle for humidifiers and started checking them out. It was then I spotted the best. humidifiers. ever. Which are those, you ask? The ones shaped like animals, of course!! Shockingly, Dave was pretty obliging when I started begging for one of the animal humidifiers. And so, our room is now being humidified by Daphne, the Penguin. (Yes, of course we named her. Who do you think we are?)

Meet Daphne. Yes she’s wearing Mardi Gras beads. Don’t judge her.

We also had the option of getting a pig, frog, or dragon, but I’m partial to penguins, and Dave didn’t want the dragon unless it was fire breathing, and not just steam breathing.

I swear we’re mature adults.

Comments

1. Hahah! AND awesome post title — once again missy!!

2. Her Preppiness says

I have been sick with the same thing all week and I am disgusted too!!!

3. High-heel gal says

Ugh, for the past few days I’ve been feeling the same way! I need to get a humidifier too!

I LOVE the penguin humidifier!! I want one of my own!

5. Dude I WANT a penguin humidifier! Seriously that is awesome….

It sucks you’re sick though. I hope you feel better soon!

6. I guess we need a humidifier too. I always wake up with a dry throat, and it drives me crazy! I totally want the frog!!

7. corkyshell says

I just saw that penguin in my friends room who has a baby! Haha I love it.

I too wake up with a scratchy throat, especiall during the season changes.

8. Ummm…what did she have to do to get those beads? Ha
    Hope you feel better soon.

9. distractedspunk says

I am totally getting a penguin humidifier. Thank you, miss.

10. well the real question is what did Daphne do to get those beads?

11. That is the most awesome humidifier EVER!

12. nicoleantoinette says

She better have earned those beads.

13. insomniaclolita says

HAHAHA now I want one. Do they have the one with panda?

14. Your title is going to have that song in my head all day now.

so thanks.

15. Miss Musing says

That has to be the best blog post title out there today!

When I was in college I had frequent respiratory infections, and the humidified seemed to really help! Just be careful not to leave it running in small spaces for too long because you could end up with mold on the ceiling (ask me how I know–yuck!)

16. Daphne is so charming.

17. I was so close to getting the penguin but I went with the elephant ๐Ÿ™‚