I Can Haz Awardz?

I’ve recently had two awards bestowed upon me by some lovely bloggers, and now it’s time for me to share with you!

Pearls and Bows passed along the Honest Scrap award!! For this one, the rules are that … [1] Choose a minimum of 7 blogs for brilliance in content/design. [2] Show thew winners and let ’em know. [3] List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

Let’s try to list 10 honest things about me, shall we?

1. When I was little I loved New Kids on the Block, especially Jordan. When he cut his rattail braid off, I cut it off of my Jordan dolls too, so they would match.

2. For the longest time, I didn’t realize that the farmhands in the beginning of the Wizard of OZ were the same people as the Lion, Tinman and Scarecrow. Sad.

3. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an entire Star Wars movie in it’s entirety. And I’m ok with that.

4. I can recite lines from The Breakfast Club verbatim.

5. I don’t like change. Like when the movie versions of The Nanny Diaries and The Devil Wears Prada were different than the books. Why mess with a good thing?

6. I will wear an outfit twice in a row if a different crowd is going to see it. Dave doesn’t count.

7. When I was little, my friends and I used to tape record ourselves like we were DJs on a radio station, complete with recording songs of the radio.

8. I love cranking up the music and singing in the car, but I will never sing in front of people. Bars are the exception to this rule, and that’s cause I think people can’t hear me over the music/other people singing.

9. If I don’t sleep with my stuffed animal (yes I’m still a child), then I have to cuddle a bunch of blanket in my arm, like I would with my stuffed animal.

10. I didn’t think that I would ever be with anyone that I wouldn’t wind up getting tired of, let alone getting married to. ๐Ÿ™‚

And I’m giving this award to:

A Blog of Her Own
Nautical by Nature
Cleveland’s a Plum
Behind These Hazel Eyes
The Spotted Ottoman
Transient Travels
Tea and Crumpets

I also received the friends award from Ashley D. at Turquoise Ribbons!

โ€œThese blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.โ€

I’m giving this one to:

Non Sequitur Chica
Confessions of a Jersey Girl
Miss Musing
Cusp of Normal
Classy in Philadelphia
…Wearing Mascara
Insomniac Lolita
Cherry Blossoms and Vodka

Enjoy!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Comments

1. Congrats on the bestowage!! You rock so you def deserve em!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. insomniaclolita says

Congrats on the awards.

I’m a huge, huge, huge fan of Jordan Knight everytime I was 3 years old ๐Ÿ˜›

3. Elizabeth says

I seriously did NOT know that about the Wizard of Oz. Wow. And I used to watch it all the time…

Thanks for the tag–I’ll definitely do this when I get home!

4. Wearing Mascara says

Thanks love! That means so much! ๐Ÿ˜€

5. These are goood! You’re one interesting lady.

Hahaha, that’s funny about the Wizard of Oz.

Why does everyone like Star Wars? I think I saw a few of them when I was little, but that’s it.

6. I am proud to admit that I do everything on this list, or a variation thereof.

I actually went out and bought an extra Jordan doll and cut off the rat tail. You know, so if he decided to grow it back, I would have the other one. I was a smart cookie.

I also bought the Donna Martin doll from the 90210 set, because she was slightly homely, and I felt bad for her.

7. alexa - cleveland's a plum says

thanks for the award lacey!!! and i so didn’t plan ahead enough to organize a meet-up with all the lovely lady bloggers of nyc. i got really envious of reading about jessica’s visit last week.

i’m just with 5 girls so its kind of tough to break away. with my sister living here there is going to be a next time very soon where i don’t have a posse ๐Ÿ™‚

8. I just saw the award as you sent me that message! I wanted to tell you that I used to pretend to be a radio DJ with my friend too! We pretended to both be named “Sal” (no idea why) and we called it the “Sal Show.” Some of our “callers” included a gay demon and a ditzy hillbilly. We were so cool.

9. WAIT..WHAT?! The farm hands are the scarecrow and crew?!?!?! I NEVER NOTICED!

10. Andrรฉa says

awww, yay awards!!!!

11. rachel elizabeth says

awww, yay! you are a peach! ๐Ÿ™‚

12. ablogofherown.wordpress.com says

Yay! Thanks lady!

13. Classy in Philadelphia says

14. Congrats on the well-deserved awards!

15. Thank you so much!