I’m in Looooooove

With a flat iron. (Sorry Dave.)

My BFF Allison (the BFF other than Arielle), stopped by my parents house when I was over admiring the hamster habitat this weekend. We were chatting about nothing, as usual, when she clued me in to something fabulous. She had found a flat iron that straightens your hair when it’s wet.

Shut. The. F*ck. Up.

I have really thick, curly/wavy hair. Which is usually in a ponytail because I’m too lazy to deal with it. When I want to straighten my hair, I’ll usually wash it the night before, let it dry overnight, and then straighten it in the morning. I know I could use a blow dryer, but I freaking hate them. They make my hair go crazy, and frizz it out like you wouldn’t believe. So when I learned about the Remington Wet 2 Straight flat iron, you bet your ass I ran as fast as I could to the store to get my hands on one. (P.S. I got it at Duane Reade.)

I love you.

It’s rare that you’ll find me waxing poetic about a product on Perks of Being a JAP. I think I raved about yogurt once. But this flat iron? Is A-MAY-ZING. First of all, it only cost like $30 something bucks. Second, I didn’t have to freaking wait for my hair to be dry before I started to straighten it. And third, OMG my hair looks and feels SO NICE. I put no product in it, and it’s soft, and shiny, and loooooooooooooooovely. With my other flat iron, which was super pricey, sometimes my hair came out kind of greasy, albeit straight. (The greasiness is prob cause I didn’t clean it often enough, which is super gross, I know, get over it.) The only thing I’m not super fond of is that the one I bought is a 1″, when I’m used to a 2″. But it does the same job, so I’ll deal. (It does come in 2″, but the 1″ was the only one left in the store, and I’m an impatient girl.)

Oh Remington Wet 2 Straight…. you complete me.

In other news, I came home from work late and decided to grab a slice of pizza on the way home. And, when getting my $1.50 back as change for my (freaking expensive) pizza, I noticed something interesting about my George Washington:

Nice.

The youth today are so creative, aren’t they?

Comments

1. What! I must own this straightener. NOW. Also, I totally laughed at that dollar bill. Still laughing. Teehee. Boner.

2. I have that straightener. πŸ™‚ It is fabulous. Except I’m still even impatient and don’t always want to wake up earlier to get my shower so that I still have time to straighten. (My hair sucks up water like a camel. LOL. I have to do small chunks and go over them 3-4 times to make sure they’re dry…that’s after letting my hair air-dry for 10 minutes!!!)
    Luckily, my hair isn’t curly, just a little wavy. And a good wavy that it looks like I meant to do it that way. LOL
    I haven’t straightened my hair in a while…and it’s longer than it was last time…maybe I should straighten it sometime just for giggles. LOL

3. corkyshell says

Hahahaha.

4. We have the same straightening routine, letting it dry over night is perfect because it also helps flatten it a bit.

We also have the same staightener!

5. Haha! I love how we both apologize to our SO’s in our posts for being in love with someone else…. mine happens to be Obama. πŸ˜‰

6. I had to call my roommate in and ask him what he saw in the dollar bill HAHA. love it.

7. I laughed out loud at your dollar bill. Yeah, that’s right, I admit it.

8. insomniaclolita says

LOL at your boner money, very creative.

9. i got t his for christmas! I love it!

10. Classy in Philadelphia says

OMG…that dollar, hilarious!

I’m in the market for a new straightener…my lovely one just broke. Maybe I’ll check this one out!

11. hahah love the dollar bill!

12. rachel elizabeth says

i seriously think the cheaper straighteners are so much better than some of the more expensive ones! i’m always blow drying my hair before flat ironing it, so maybe this is a good alternative!!

13. Crap!! I just bought a straightener and thought the wet dry ones didn’t work!!

14. oh
    my
    gawd

i must have one

15. nicoleantoinette says

Damn it, I miss NY pizza.

Which, I know, was not the point of this post.

16. If I didn’t have a $100 flat iron that my uncle got me, I would TOTALLY go and buy this. Maybe I’ll get it for my birthday when my hair is a little longer.

And what makes you think it was a kid that wrote Boner? πŸ˜‰

17. stealthnerd says

My Diana Ross afro and I will be running out to Duane Reade immediately to purchase one of these.

My mornings just got so much better!

18. okay that straightener sounds amazing. if i straightened my hair more often i would definitely look into it. buuuut oooooh have fun with it!

19. ahahahahahahaha

20. I got this straightener a couple of years ago. I LOVE IT SO MUCH! πŸ˜€

21. alexa - cleveland's a plum says

how did i never know about the ‘b’ and the ‘r’ with the dollar bill?!?

hilarious.

22. boners and an hair iron for wet hair. I’m not sure what other shock factor you could bring into this post!! πŸ™‚

23. Sweet. My dollar bill made it to NY!!!

I too have curly hair, although it’s not thick, and would love to straighten my hair sometimes. I fear of breaking it off though halfway up the strand—even though there are products out there to use. I think I’ve let the hairstylist straighten it three times in my entire life. I own a defuser, but I agree, the thing sucks.

25. Valley Girl says

LOL! Can you use it when your hair is dry, too?

26. WOW that is funny! And I have a question about the straightener… do you have like REALLY curly hair. I am talking Curly. Does it work that way, or do you only semi wavy hair and it works? B/C serioulsy, wet to straight. I may love you.

PS you totally blogged about pina colada smelling deordorant once πŸ™‚

27. Jen Kucsak says

LOVE your blog girly! And now I’m going to have to go out and get your straightener! πŸ™‚

28. I was just posting about this, and now you’ve answered my question! So helpful!

29. Definitely laughed the dollar bill too, priceless!

30. I. Need. That. Straighter.

Like you, I wash my hair at night and sometimes, when i’m not lazy, straighten it in the morning. It’s too wavy to straighten normally and blow drying is a pain.

I’m going out to get it tonight.