"Mm I’m movin’ out, mm oo oo uh huh mm hm"

Ok the title of the post is from the Billy Joel song “Movin’ Out”, and I swear, I copied that exactly from the lyrics page.

Wow what a weekend!

Friday night started with Dave and I have the most amazing dinner at MacMenamin’s Grill in New Rochelle. My parents had given us money to go out to dinner when we saw Wicked, but since there wasn’t enough time for a nice, leisurely dinner then, we did it now.

We both had delicious steaks, and a very nice bottle of red wine from the Marlboro Vineyards. Then for dessert, we ordered an array of cheeses! We got to pick four, and it was served with grapes, apple slices, bread and jam to cleanse the palate. Yum! Also the restaurant was EMPTY, probably because of the horrendous weather, so our waiter took his time with the cheese plate, and let us sample everything, and it was awesome! Dave and I looove cheese, so we were in heaven. We’re cheesey…. hyuck hyuck hyuck.

Now the awesome news that I mentioned in my previous post is that we…

FOUND AN APARTMENT!!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaayy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave saw this apartment on Wednesday, and called me immediately to tell me he thought it was the one. But of course, I needed to see it! So we went on Saturday, and I was sold. It’s super cute (as I’ve been telling all my friends), and a great price! Two bedrooms, large kitchen, large living room/dining room, new tiled floors, lots of closets, it’s awesome! The bathroom is a little small, but seriously, that is the only drawback! And it’s in a really nice area of the Bronx, just down the road from two of Dave’s good friends!

We’ll officially move in March 1st, but we can start moving stuff in the week before, so that’ll be good. Cause I’m leaving for Israel on the 13th, and I know if I’m not all unpacked and ready, it’s going to drive me nuts!

So excited!!!! I’m kinda sad to leave my parents, but it’s time. I need my own space, and I’m so excited to live with Dave! Even though we’ll probably hate each other after awhile haha j/k. (for now)

Oh man moving all my crap is going to suck!!! And I keep thinking it’s so far away, but nope, the last week in Feb (starting the 23rd), is less than three weeks away!!

Comments

1. Thanks for the comment.

And CONGRATULATIONS on your new apartment! That is so exciting!

2. One. I love cheese. Oh man that sounds fabulous.

Two. Congrats on the apartment! That’s so exciting!

Three. I’m thinking about moving out of my parent’s house and in with the boyfriend soon too, and it’s a little nerve wrecking but exciting too. eeee!

3. Chelsea Talks Smack says

yaaaay! congrats! I happen to be on the hunt stiiiilllll gaaah, but WILL celebrate with cheese and wine once I find one.

4. Nice dinners are the BEST!

Congrats on the apartment…it sounds super cute and decorating will be soo much fun! I’m jealous!

5. Clueless Cat says

mmMmmM your dinner sounded delish!!! I want a meal like that…haha

Anyway – yay on the apartment!! I’m so intimidated to go apartment hunting when I move to nyc…haha Oh well, nothing I can really do about it now!! Good thing I’m letting my lil sis move first and go apt hunting before I get there. haha ๐Ÿ˜€

6. Congrats on finding an apartment! I’m jealous of everyone who gets to live in the city…but I’d be even more broke (if that’s possible) if I moved somewhere where I could eat delicious food all the time.

7. freeandflawed says

Congrats!!! I can’t way to see pictures of your new place ๐Ÿ™‚

8. So exciting about the apartment! Also, what part of the Bronx? I don’t know anything about the Bronx at all, but I’m totally interested in looking outside of Manhattan when my lease is up in a couple months.

9. Yay! I’m so glad you found a great apartment! Happy moving ๐Ÿ™‚

10. legallyheidi.com says

congrats on the new apartment! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Yay for finding an apartment! Congrats! Moving sucks, yes, but soon it will be over and then you’ll get to get yourself all set up in your new place, and that is so much fun!

12. YAY! For moving in with boyfriends!! Be Careful though, that is how I ended up married and pregnant ๐Ÿ˜‰

13. congrats on the apartment!!

14. Jamie Lovely says

Yay! Congrats on finding the perfect place!r

15. Congrats on the apartment! Sounds great!….and mmmm to cheese! I love cheese more than words can describe.

16. Traci Anne says

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

17. A total congrats- pics!

18. Congratulations!!

I’m jealous… AS and i would really like to be cohabitating, but my whole go-to-grad-school-in-another-state thing is kind of putting a wrench in that plan.

19. Michelle & the City says

woo!! this is so exciting!:)

20. Michelle & the City says

woo!! this is so exciting!:)

21. Michelle & the City says

woo!! this is so exciting!:)